STAYING AT BEMERSYDE HOUSE
Bemersyde House and wing is a private house is situated at the edge of the hamlet of Bemersyde.
- Guests can choose between an elegant 18th century bedroom or a traditional laird’s room - complete with original oak beams - dating from the 1500s.
- Dining room main table seats 12 with views of the gardens and Eildon hills. Tables can be added for larger parties
- Kitchen (seats six) and larder – fully equipped, including Rangemaster gas cooker, electric cooker and Nespresso machine
- Adjoining first-floor drawing rooms
- Spacious ground-floor study with television and Freeview
- Playroom with table tennis, snooker table, games, television and DVD player
- Open fires or log burners, Wifi in all public rooms and hall
Bedrooms are on the ground, first and second floors.
- Seven double bedrooms, including vaulted double room with four-poster bed and log burner
- Five separate bathrooms, two with underfloor heating
- Large, airy room ideal for yoga and pilates retreats
The east wing was built by James Zerubabel Haig, friend of Sir Walter Scott during the Scottish Enlightenment and has recently been refurbished.
- Two double bedrooms
- Modern kitchen
- Shower room
- Drawing room
GARDENS & GROUNDS
- Formal, walled and woodland gardens, plus extensive walks and cycling opportunities round the Estate
- Tennis and basketball court and equipment, croquet
- Birdwatching hide
- Two dogs are allowed to stay in the house; additional kennel space can be arranged on the estate separately
- Guests can use vegetables and fruit from the walled gardens
- Honey available from Bemersyde beehives kept by local beekeeper
- There are excellent independent food shops stocking local produce in St Boswells, Melrose and Lauder.
- The supermarkets at Galashiels will deliver online orders.
- There are excellent pubs and restaurants in St Boswells, Ancrum, Melrose and Lauder.
- Free trout-fishing in the evenings
- Casting lessons by arrangement
- The house can be fully or partially catered by arrangement